| Sorry, just a short "addendum" regarding the pilesort program. What I liked
about it that I didn't mention in my first blog (although I attached the file)
was the plot on the respondents. I was just explaining to a friend about how it
would be interesting to have a larger number of teachers and administrators or
even a large number of school-level, district-level, and state-level personnel
do the pilesort activity (having them group the 10 characteristics of a
productive classroom into three) and use the Visual Anthropac Pilesort program
to plot the respondents to see if they would end up in distinct groups. If they
do, it would indicate a disconnection in what the different groups view as a
productive classroom as well as what they believe is an effective teacher. If
the groups are not on the same page, something is wrong with the system. The
biggest complaint about the DOE is the lack of communication from the
Superintendent's office at the state-level all the way to the school-level. The
chain of communication is missing more than a few links. Sorry. This was much longer than I expected. Have a great weekend! |
Friday, September 2, 2011
An addendum to my first attempt at a blog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment